Updated: Feb 4
Here in this blog, I will share a few tips that are shared in the class and helpful reminders.
Mindfulness is the gentle effort to be continuously present with experience.
But I like Jon Kabat-Zinn’s definition of mindfulness:
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally.”
Jon Kabat-Zinn, if you haven’t heard of him, is a famous teacher of mindfulness meditation and the founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
Mindfulness is a habit we need to cultivate in our lives to sustain
Get rid of insomnia
Be more present
And many more of these skills.
1. Use Post -IT’s or Sticky notes to remind yourself of 1 min breathing or 5 rounds of breathing
2. Deep Breathing
1. Lie on your back
2. Breath evenly and gently, focusing your attention on the movement of your stomach.
3. As you begin to breathe in, allow your stomach to rise in order to bring air into the lower half of your lungs.
4. As the upper halves of your lungs begin to fill with air, your chest begins to rise and your stomach begins to lower.
5. Don’t tire yourself.
6. Continue for 10 breaths
7. The exhalation will be longer than the inhalation.
Just focus on having a routine at least 5 min a day.
To know more about the weekly meditation/ Mindfulness class contact 425 697 0988 email@example.com